With Cousin Arturo’s pasta pin, you don’t need a pasta machine to make delicious homemade pasta. Simply roll it over your sheet of dough to make evenly sized strands of fettucelle.
It scores and cuts 10 strips at a time, approx. 0.6″ wide. The natural beechwood pin is 12.7″ long, 1-1/2″ diameter, and has a 6″ wide cutting area. Made in Italy.
Cousin Arturo’s Pasta Recipe
1-1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (plus additional flour for rolling and cutting dough)
1 Cup Semolina
Pinch of Salt
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
1 Cup Water
- Mix the All-Purpose Flour and Semolina together.
- Place flour/semolina mix on a wood board, make a well, and break the egg into it, add Olive Oil, Salt and half the water. In this center well, mix the ingredients together.
- Then gradually incorporate the flour/semolina mix from the sides, adding in the remainder of the water as you continue to mix.
- If you prefer, you can mix it in a bowl with a fork, or in an electric mixer with a dough hook.
- Dust a wooden pastry board or your work surface with flour.
- Roll out the dough using a long straight barrel rolling pin. Flour your work surface as needed to prevent sticking. Rotate and flip the sheet of dough as you roll it.
Tip: If you are working on a small work surface, I recommend dividing the dough into 4 or more workable pieces as the dough will stretch quite a bit. Cut the pasta immediately after rolling each sheet.
- Roll the dough to a thickness of 1/16”.
- Dust the dough with flour. With the palms or your hands on the handle of the pasta cutting pin press & roll the pin firmly across the sheet of dough. This will deeply score the pasta.
With your left hand flat on the first score of pasta, use you right hand to quickly pull out and to the the strip of pasta right.
Continue this until all the pasta is separated.
Run a knife under the strips of pasta and lift off to hang on a pasta drying rack, until ready to cook.
Wipe Cousin Arturo’s Fettucelle Pin clean with a dry cloth or brush.
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
Use a small Sauce Pan over Medium-Low Heat.
Heat Heavy Cream and Butter together, until butter is melted and cream is warm.
Stir in the Parmesan.
Toss over your freshly cooked pasta and serve hot.
From HIC’s The Useful Tool:
Homemade Spaghetti Noodles Using Fante’s Cousin Arturo’s Pasta Pin
For over 100 years, the extended Fante’s family have lived, worked and most importantly, cooked and eaten in the heart of Philadelphia’s historic Italian Market. Years of experience helped to create our signature line of Italian Cookware where old school craftsmanship and today’s technology come together in a collection of favorites that would make generations of Fante’s very proud. We hope they inspire you and your family to gather, to cook and to enjoy a wonderful meal. – The Fante’s Family
Fante’s Italian Home Cooking Collection is produced by HIC. Inquiries for Warranty Service and Wholesale Purchases should be directed to:
HAROLD IMPORT COMPANY – Lakewood NJ USA
800.526.2163 – www.hickitchen.com