Cousin Serafina’s pizza pan features a unique stamped texture that is naturally non-stick, providing easy food release along with a great crust.
You can cut directly in the pan, as minor scratches from metal utensils won’t affect its stick-resistant properties. Use wood or other non-sharp utensils to keep your pan looking like new.
For use in the oven. Wait for it to cool before washing. Wash with soapy water by hand, or in the dishwasher. Soak in hot water to soften any burned-on foods. Wipe with a sponge dipped in lemon juice or white vinegar to remove water spots or mineral buildup. You can use a stainless steel cleaner periodically to preserve the pan’s shiny finish.
12-5/8″ (32 cm) inside diameter. 13″ (33 cm) outside diameter. 1-1/4″ (32 mm) high. Rolled edges. Micro-textured interior. Smooth exterior. Heavy duty 18/10 stainless steel. Made in Italy
Cousin Serafina’s Pizza
11 ounces all-purpose flour
1 cup warm water (90-110°F)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (8.75g) package active dry yeast
Extra flour for kneading dough
4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, finely grated
14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
(or 2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced, cooked and drained)
8 ounces pizza sauce
3/4 to 1 cup low moisture mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon olive oil, for coating the pan
1. Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Once yeast begins to bubble (3 to 5 minutes), add olive oil.
2. Make a mound with 11 ounces of flour on a pastry board or countertop, make a well in the center and pour in the water mixture. Mix ingredients by hand until dough forms into a ball. Knead the dough (see step 6) to ensure all ingredients are blended. If using a mixer with dough hook attachment, knead for about 5 minutes on low-to-medium speed.
3. Place dough into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot until dough doubles in size (about 1 hour). TIP: Pre-warming a ceramic bowl will help maintain the dough at an ideal temperature of about 80°F.
4. Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush a light coating of olive oil inside the pan and set it aside.
5. Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough using a press-fold-rotate technique. Press the heels of your hands firmly into the dough, pushing forward slightly. Fold the far edge of the dough toward you and press it into the middle of the dough, again pushing forward. Rotate the dough and repeat these steps until dough becomes soft, elastic and slightly sticky. Sprinkle flour onto the dough as needed, but only enough to keep it from sticking to your work surface during the kneading process.
6. Roll the dough out to about the size of the pan then lay it into the pan. Use your fingers to press the dough into the pan and up the sides to create an edge for the pizza.
7. Let dough rest in the pan for 10 minutes, then place it in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
8. Remove crust from the oven and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Add a layer of pizza sauce, then diced tomatoes and top with the shredded mozzarella.
9. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until cheese is melted and pizza crust pulls away from the side of the pan.
10. Remove from the oven and allow pizza to cool a few minutes. Slice, serve and enjoy!
For over 100 years, the extended Fante’s family have lived, worked and most importantly, cooked and eaten in the heart of Philadelphia’s historic Italian Market. Years of experience helped to create our signature line of Italian Cookware where old school craftsmanship and today’s technology come together in a collection of favorites that would make generations of Fante’s very proud. We hope they inspire you and your family to gather, to cook and to enjoy a wonderful meal. – The Fante’s Family
Fante’s Italian Home Cooking Collection is produced by HIC. Inquiries for Warranty Service and Wholesale Purchases should be directed to:
HAROLD IMPORT COMPANY – Lakewood NJ USA
800.526.2163 – www.hickitchen.com